UPDATE: Applications have closed for the 2021 pilot program. Thank you for your interest and support. Applicants will be notified within 10 business days regarding next steps. Subscribe to be notified when applications re-open.
CWAMS is now accepting applications for our Faculty Advisory Network pilot program, which offers ongoing and individually tailored support, services, and expertise for established women faculty who aim to advance in academic medicine and science, including into higher leadership roles.
Our Senior Advisors to the Faculty Advisory Network have experience in every realm of academic medicine and science and a track record of supporting women faculty by providing:
- Career advising to determine a next professional or academic step;
- Connecting to a sponsor in specific research arenas or for a leadership opportunity; and
- Confidential direction regarding work environment issues.
Much has changed since the women who founded and now steer CWAMS began their careers. Many schools and professional societies have a Women in Medicine office or community and there are many wonderful professional development programs to support women’s advancement. Our model complements available supports for women and differs in being tailored to each participant, remote by design, and by providing an external perspective.
We ask you to support our work by sharing word of our program and we invite eligible women to apply.
- Current women faculty with, at minimum, 3 years of experience on faculty at a school of medicine or affiliated research center. Full professors and those in leadership roles are welcome to apply.
- Ability to commit to a one-year engagement with our Senior Advisor and complete an early-term and exit survey.
There is no cost to participate as we pilot our Faculty Advisory Network pilot program. We warmly invite those who are able to support our work with a donation. Additionally, we ask that participating faculty “pay-it-forward” by committing to mentor younger women in the field for 30-minutes each month via our partner AMWA’s new mentorship platform.
- Complete our short application. (UPDATE: Applications are now closed for the pilot program; subscribe to receive word of when we are accepting additional participants.)
- Within 10 days, we will email to schedule a 15-minute needs assessment interview to match you with a Senior Advisor.
- Consult with your Senior Advisor, who will connect you with needed supports and resources, including sponsors, and follow-up to evaluate progress and address new needs.
- After one year, you will be welcome to remain in our network on an ongoing basis.